IPL 2020 Playoffs: After 56 matches being played over the weeks of blockbuster cricket, on many stances were close contest powered by the finest cricketers all over the planet, 13th season of Indian premier league has finally found the top 4 teams who will contest in the playoffs stage of the competition.
This season of Indian Premier League was a special one. There were even some doubts over organizing the tournament this year due to COVID-19 pandemic. Despite all the confusion and uncertainty, BCCI decided to host the tournament in The UAE. Coming to the next stage of the tournament, IPL is being organized successfully so far.
From fake stadium effects to bringing video clips of fans and displaying them directly over the stadium’s screens, IPL organizers have tried their best not to downgrade the excitement level of the tournament. Despite the absence of fans, the heat from the ground has decreased no less.
So apart from all the speculations regarding how the tournament has been so far, we will talk about IPL 2020 Playoffs and what the tournament has to offer for the fans for coming some days.
IPL 2020 Playoffs: Overview
- Mumbai Indians became the first team to qualify for the IPL 2020 Playoffs. They take the first position and have been the dominant team to reckon with throughout the tournament with a great all-round performance. They lost their final round-robin match against SRH by 10 wickets which may be a setback for them in terms of confidence.
- Delhi Capitals have taken second place in IPL 2020 Playoffs. After a brilliant run in the early stage of the tournament, they lost their form towards the half-way stage of the competition. However, they won their final match against RCB to ensure their place on the next stage.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad has finished third. Their qualification was ensured on the final day of league stage games. On a must-win game against Mumbai Indians, they won comprehensively by 10 wickets leaving behind KKR in the playoffs race.
- Royal Challengers Banglore have ensured their qualification as they finish fourth. They qualified alongside with Delhi Capitals despite losing their final game of the league stage.
IPL 2020 Playoffs Schedule:
|Match No:||Match||Date||Match||Local Time||Nepal Time(NST)||Venue|
|57||Qualifier-1||Nov 5 2020||MI vs DC||6:00 PM||7:45 PM||Dubai|
|58||Eliminator||Nov 6 2020||SRH vs RCB||6:00 PM||7:45 PM||Abu Dhabi|
|59||Qualifier-2||Nov 8 2020||TBD||6:00 PM||7:45 PM||Abu Dhabi|
|60||FINAL||Nov 10 2020||TBD||6:00 PM||7:45 PM||Dubai|
Here is how the playoffs work:
- The first ranked team and the second-ranked team would compete in Qualifier-1.
- The winner of Qualifier-1 would be promoted to the final.
- The loser of Qualifier-1 would compete in Qualifier-2.
- Eliminator game would take place between 3rd and 4th ranked team.
- The winner of Eliminator would compete against the loser of Qualifier 1 in Qualifier 2.
- The loser of Eliminator would be eliminated.
- The winner of Qualifier 2 would compete against the winner of Qualifier 1 in the final.
- The loser of Qualifier 2 would be eliminated.
- The winner of the finals would be the IPL champions.
IPL 2020 Playoffs Predictions:
It’s very hard to predict which teams would qualify for the finals and eventually win the title but looking at the current form and available squads of the teams, we have personally predicted which teams would win. NOTE: This is just a personal opinion of a writer and this does not replicate any kind of biasness towards any teams.
- Qualifier 1: Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Capitals > Mumbai Indians
- Eliminator: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Banglore> Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Qualifier 2: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Delhi Capitals> Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Final: Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad> Sunrisers Hyderabad
Click here to watch IPL 2020 for free Online.
Click here to know more about IPL 2020 Playoffs stage.